CONSTITUTION OF THE
PAKISTAN ELECTRONIC SPORTS FEDERATION
ARTICLE – I
The Organization shall be called the Pakistan Electronic Sports Federation.
ARTICLE – II
The jurisdiction of the Pakistan Electronic Sports Federation shall extend throughout Pakistan, the acceding States and the Territories under the control of Pakistan.
ARTICLE – III
The Headquarter of the Pakistan Electronic Sports Federation shall be located in Peshawar or as decided by the General Council of the Federation.
ARTICLE – IV
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION OF TERMS
The terms and abbreviations used hereinafter shall mean:-
1. IOC International Olympic Committee
2. WADA World Anti Doping Agency
3. POA / NOC Pakistan Pakistan Olympic Association
4. IESF International Electronic Sports Federation
5. AESF Asian Electronic Sports Federation / Confederation / Association / Union.
6. PSB Pakistan Sports Board
7. PST Pakistan Sports Trust
8. PESF Pakistan Electronic Sports Federation
9. Member Unit Association / Organization affiliated with the Federation.
10. Association The Provincial Electronic Sports Association.
11. Other Association Federally Administered Areas Association.
12. Service Organization Departmental Sports Organization constituted at national level like that by :-
Pakistan Army, Pakistan Air Force, Pakistan Navy, Pakistan Railways, Pakistan Wapda, Pakistan Police, Higher Education Commission / Pakistan Universities Sports Board, etc.
13. Constitution Constitution of Pakistan Electronic Sports Federation.
14. President President of Pakistan Electronic Sports Federation.
15. Vice President Vice President of Pakistan Electronic Sports Federation.
16. Secretary General Secretary General of Pakistan Electronic Sports Federation.
17. Treasurer Treasurer of Pakistan Electronic Sports Federation.
18. Associate Secretary / Joint Secretary Associate / Joint Secretary of Pakistan Electronic Sports Federation.
19. Executive Member Member of the Executive Committee of Pakistan Electronic Sports Federation.
ARTICLE – V
AIMS, OBJECTS AND ROLE
The aims, objects and role of Pakistan Electronic Sports Federation shall be :-
1. To promote, develop, regulate and control the Electronic Sports in Pakistan.
2. To follow and enforce the Rules and Regulations of International Electronic Sports Federation / Asian Electronic Sports Federation, Confederation / Association.
3. To promote formation of affiliated Associations / Organizations.
4. To coordinate and control activities in respect of Electronic Sports in all ways including the holding of tournaments, organizing of National Championships, Senior, Junior and Women (where applicable), under its own or under the auspices of any of its affiliated Member Units.
5. To collect funds for the purpose of the Federation and utilize the same in such a manner as may be considered desirable for the attainment of the aims and objects of the Federation.
6. To select teams and officials to represent Pakistan in the Sports Programmes to be held within the country and abroad. 7. To create, standardize and regulate structures of Technical Officials / Referees / Judges / Umpires, Coaches and Administrators under Executive Committee of the Federation.
8. To establish Training Camps and organize Promotional Programmes for expanding and raising standard of Electronic Sports in Pakistan.
9. To communicate with the Pakistan Olympic Association, Pakistan Sports Board, Pakistan Sports Trust, International Federation, Asia Body and other Governmental Bodies when required.
10. To take action against violence in sport and against any form of discrimination on grounds of race, religion, politics and sex etc.
11. To ensure the observance of World Anti Doping Code of WADA approved by the IOC and POA and fight against doping and use of substances and procedures prohibited by the IOC or the International Electronic Sports Federation.
12. To encourage women participation in Electronic Sports, create Women Associations / Women Wings at National and Provincial levels, and induct Women in the General Council / Executive Committee of the Federation with the strength as per POA’s directive at national and provincial levels.
13. To ensure resolution of all disputes in the Federation and its affiliated Member Units through arbitration.
14. To create Athletes Commission with Terms of Reference in line with the Constitution of POA.
15. To establish Medical and Scientific Commission for Anti – Doping and for improving performance of the Players / Athletes / Competitors.
16. To launch Youth Development Programmes at grass-root levels.
17. To improve administration and technical structures of the Federation and the Associations from National to the District levels.
18. To do all other acts and things as deemed to be necessary or conducive to carry out Aims, Objects and Role of the Federation.
ARTICLE – VI
1. The membership of the Pakistan Electronic Sports Federation shall be open to the following :
i. Provincial Electronic Sports Associations having affiliated District Electronic Sports Associations starting from the Club levels or Athletes / Players / Competitors levels. The Controlling Body of the Electronic Sports in a Province shall be affiliated with the respective Provincial Olympic Association, who will certify the bonafides of the said Body as required by the Constitution of POA.
ii. Controlling Body of the Electronic Sports in Services Organizations subject to fulfilling the criteria as laid down in the Constitution.
iii. Controlling Body of the Electronic Sports in the Federally Administered Territory of Islamabad, provided the body complies with the Eligibility Conditions as prescribed in the Constitution.
iv. Controlling Body of the Electronic Sports in the Federally Administered Northern Areas provided the Body fulfills the minimum Eligibility Conditions prescribed in the Constitution.
v. Controlling Body of the Electronic Sports in Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK) provided the Body fulfills minimum Eligibility Conditions as laid down in the Constitution of the Federation and is in accordance with the Constitution and Rules of Pakistan as well as the Policy of POA.
2. Representation of the affiliated Member Units on the General Council of the Federation shall be as under :-
i. Provincial Associations Two (2) each
ii. Department One (1) each
iii. Other Associations One (1) each
ARTICLE – VII
ELIGIBILITY FOR MEMBERSHIP
1. Provincial Associations
The Provincial Electronic Sports Associations shall be eligible for seeking and retaining membership of the Federation if they fulfill the following conditions :-
i. They have a Constitution each in line with the Constitution of the Federation.
ii. They shall be constituted by the properly represented District Associations, genuinely existing and functioning. The District Associations shall be constituted by the Active Clubs. The minimum number of Active Clubs in each District shall be five in case of such sports where Club System exists or atleast 100 duly registered Players / Athletes / Competitors in case of such Individual Sports where Club System does not exist.
iii. All the Clubs affiliated with District Associations shall participate in the Annual District Championships and Provincial Championships if so required by the Provincial Associations.
iv. Active Clubs shall have premises with playing facilities where sports activities of Electronic Sports shall take place atleast 150 days in a year. Such Clubs shall have a proper management and some sort of financial support system to ensure sustainable activities of the Club during the year as well as its participation in the Tournaments, Competitions and Championships.
v. The Clubs affiliated with the District Associations as well as Players / Athletes / Competitors registered with District Associations can also join Tehsil Associations of their sports. Tehsil and District Associations shall be registered with the Governmental Sports Bodies at Tehsil and District levels to receive the requisite financial and infrastructure / logistics support of the Government to run the sports activities efficiently. In case Tehsil and District Associations face any problem in this regard they shall bring the same to the notice of the Provincial Association.
vi. They hold regular Annual Provincial Electronic Sports Championships – Senior, Junior and Women (where applicable) and organize at least two tournaments at Provincial levels and one tournament on all Pakistan basis in a financial year in collaboration with the Federation.
vii. They have Women Associations / Women Wings and induct 20% Women on their General Councils / Executive Committees.
viii. They are affiliated with the respective Provincial Olympic Associations who will certify bonafides of these Associations.
ix. They are registered with the respective Provincial Sports Boards to receive financial, infrastructure and logistics support of the Government for their activities. In case they face any problem in this regard they will bring the same to the notice of the Federation.
x. They hold elections as embodied in their respective Constitutions on which one representative each from Federation, Provincial Olympic Association and Provincial Sports Board shall be called to attend the elections meetings, so as to ensure transparency and compliance of the Constitutions of the Associations / Federation.
xi. They pay their affiliation fees and subsequent annual subscriptions to the Federation within the first three months of the Financial Year.
xii. They participate without fail in the National Championships, Senior, Junior and Women (where applicable) every year as well as participate in other Tournaments / Competitions when asked by the Federation.
xiii. The Constitution of Provincial Electronic Sports Associations shall not conflict with the Constitution of Federation.
2. Department Department shall be eligible to seek or retain Membership of the Federation only, if they are constituted on national basis and fulfill the following conditions :-
a. They have a Constitution / Rules, Bye-laws in line with the Constitution of the Federation.
b. They organize Inter-Unit / Inter-Divisional / Inter-Departmental Championships every year at national level in which all their component Units, with bonafides employee Players / Athletes / Competitors, from throughout the country, take part.
c. They assist the Federation in organizing its Annual Championships / Tournaments / other Sports Programmes as and when so asked by the Federation.
d. They have paid Affiliation Fees and are paying Annual Subscriptions within first three months of the Financial Year to the Federation.
e. They participate without fail in the National Championships as per the directions of the Federations.
3. Other Associations Other Associations of the Federally Administered Areas like Islamabad, Northern Areas and Azad Jammu Kashmir shall be eligible to seek or retain Membership of the Federation provided they fulfill the following conditions :-
a. They have a Constitution each in line with the Constitution of the Federation and shall be constituted by atleast 10 Active Clubs existing as per definition given under Article VI-1-iii or by the Representatives of atleast 200 registered Athletes / Players / Competitors if Clubs System does not exist.
b. These Associations in their jurisdictions may create lower level Associations in line with the District Associations of the Province with whom Clubs / Players / Athletes may be registered.
c. They shall participate without fail in the Annual Championships, Senior, Junior and Women (where applicable).
d. They hold regular Annual Championships and organize One Tournament to be participated by the Clubs / Athletes of the area under their jurisdiction.
e. They hold elections as embodies in their Constitutions on which one representative of the Federation shall be called to attend the elections meetings, so as to ensure transparency and compliance of the Constitution of the concerned Association / Federation.
f. They pay their Affiliation Fees at the time of their affiliation with the Federation and subsequent Annual Subscription within the specified period as indicated in the Constitution of the Federation.
1. The Member Units of the Federation shall submit to the Federation, before the end of May each year, their Annual Programmes to be pursued by them during the next Financial Year. They will also submit their Annual Reports of Activities of the previous Financial year before the end of next September with special reference to the above stated Eligibility Conditions.
2. An Association / Service Organization applying for membership (affiliation) shall submit with its application, Affiliation Fee, a copy of its Constitution which shall be in line with the Constitution of the Federation, the list of Office Bearers and all such information, which establishes that all the relevant Eligibility Conditions as contained in the Constitution of the Federation are duly fulfilled.
ARTICLE – VIII
1. Each Association / Other Association / Service Organization shall pay Affiliation Fee as decided by the General Council at the time of its affiliation with the Federation and subsequent Annual Subscription of Rs. 1000/- to the Federation. The payment of Annual Subscription shall be made before 30th September each year. Financial year of the Federation, which will also be the year of the Federation for all purposes, shall begin from 1st of July and end on 30th June.
2. No representative of a Member Unit shall be entitled to vote at any meeting of the Federation if the Member Unit is in arrears in respect of payment of its dues to the Federation.
3. A Member Unit failing to pay Subscription or any other dues to the Federation for two years, for which at least two notices have been duly issued and served by the Secretary General / Treasurer, shall be liable to be removed from the Membership of the Federation through a decision of the General Council of the Federation.
4. Once a Member Unit is removed from the Membership of the Federation for non-payment of dues, application for re-admission will not be considered by the Federation unless all arrears have been paid alongwith a penalty of Rs. 1000/- to the Federation.
ARTICLE – IX
1. Supreme authority of the Federation shall be vested in the General Council consisting of authorized Representatives of affiliated Member Units as per Article VI-2 of the Constitution, duly elected Office Bearers of the Federation i.e. President, Sr. Vice President, Vice Presidents, Honorary Secretary General, Honorary Deputy Secretary, Honorary Joint Secretary, Honorary Treasurer and Honorary Associate Secretary, Lady Members and Representatives of Athletes Commission.
2. The number of Lady Members shall be 20% of the total strength of the General Council, who are elected by the members of Women Associations / Women Wings of the Member Units as well as that of the Federation for each term, under the supervision of an Election Commission, constituted for the purpose, by the President of the Federation.
3. Two duly elected representatives of the Athletes Commission of the Federation for each term. The Athletes Commission shall consist of four Active Players / Athletes / Competitors who are well educated and are elected by the Players / Athletes / Competitors participating in the National Championships Senior & Women (if applicable) in a year specified for the purpose by the Federation. The Federation shall notify the date and venue of the election, atleast 10 days before, to all the Participating Units of the National Championships and Elections of the Athletes Commission of the Federation shall be held under the supervision of an Election Commission constituted by the President of the Federation.
4. General Council shall meet atleast once a year. Other meetings of General Council may also be held as and when summoned by the :-
ii. Executive Committee
iii. At a request in writing from not less than 33% of the total strength of the persons eligible to attend the General Council meeting.
5. General Council shall meet to normally transact the following business :-
i. To consider and approve admission and removal of Member Units.
ii. To approve the National Women Association of the concerned Sport or create a 5 (Five) member Women Wing to promote, develop and regulate the women activities at national level under the directions of the Executive Committee.
iii. To elect Office Bearers and Members of the Executive Committee in an Elective General Council Meeting expressly convened for this purpose when elections are due.
iv. To consider and approve Audited Statement of Accounts. Statement of Accounts shall be for each year and shall be audited by Chartered Accountants appointed by the General Council.
v. To comprehensively consider and approve 4 Year Programme of future activities of the Federation with yearly targets and measurable indicators in the Elective General Council Meeting or a Special General Council Meeting to be convened for the purpose within One month of elections.
vi. To critically consider and evaluate the Annual Report of Activities of the Federation and of the Member Units submitted by the Honorary Secretary General.
vii. To consider and approve the amendments to the Constitution of the Federation.
viii. To consider and decide matters, not covered by the Rules or the Constitution of the Federation on the proposal of President.
ix. To take such other steps as may be necessary and expedient to carry into effect the Aims and Objects of the Federation.
6. The Quorum for meetings of the General Council shall be One Third of the total strength of the persons eligible to attend the General Council meeting.
7. (i) In order to exercise their votes in the General Council meeting, Names of the Representatives from Member Units must be received in writing in the Federation’s Secretariat atleast three (3) days before the date of meeting, failing which they shall not be entitled to attend the meeting.
(ii) An elected Office Bearer representing a Member Unit shall remain one of the Representatives of the Unit on the General Council of the Federation for full term provided he / she continues to hold some Office of the Member Unit or his / her representation is not specifically withdrawn by the concerned Unit on cogent grounds. The intimation to this effect shall be provided jointly by the President and Secretary General of the concerned Member Unit to the Secretary General and President of the Federation atleast one month before the General Council Meeting of the Federation.
8. All business discussed and decided at a meeting of General Council shall be recorded in a Minute Book which shall be signed by the Chairman of the meeting. Copies of the proceedings will be supplied to all Member Units and their authorized Representatives who attended the meeting within 45 days of the meeting.
9. 21 days previous Notice shall be necessary for the meeting of the General Council.
10. In the Event of a meeting of the General Council is not held on the appointed date for want of quorum, the same will be held on a subsequent date within a month with same agenda items without quorum. For this purpose 7 days previous notice shall be necessary for convening the said adjourned meeting of the General Council.
11. All decisions shall be taken by simple majority of votes in the General Council meetings unless otherwise provided in the Constitution.
ARTICLE – X
1. Following shall be the Office Bearers of the Pakistan Electronic Sports Federation who shall be elected after every four years till next election in the Elective General Council Meeting of the Federation :-
1. President : One (1)
2. Sr. Vice President : One (1)
3. Vice Presidents : Four (4)
4. Honorary Secretary General : One (1)
5. Honorary Treasurer : One (1)
6. Honorary Deputy Secretary General: One (1)
7. Honorary Associate Secretary : One (1)
8. Members Executive Committee : Four – Eight (4 – 8)
(Depending upon size of the Federation).
2. All Office Bearers shall hold their Offices for Four Years unless they resign or any of them is removed by the General Council on cogent grounds which inter-alia shall include unsatisfactory performance to be evaluated by the General Council in its Annual General Council Meeting each year and for any other reason for which Notice to the concerned person has been duly served and opportunity of explaining his / her case has been provided.
An Office Bearer shall cease to hold office of the Federation if his / her representation is withdrawn by the concerned affiliated Member Unit through a decision taken by the General Council / Executive Committee / President of the said Member Unit and intimation of which is duly received by the Secretary General and President of the Federation atleast 7 days before the meeting of the General Council / Executive Committee of the Federation, where this matter will be finally decided. 3. President, Honorary Secretary General and Honorary Treasurer shall not hold any of these offices in any other National Federation.
4. President may not necessarily be the representative of any Member Units but all other Office Bearers shall be elected from amongst the authorized representatives of Member Units or the persons eligible to attend the General Council meeting.
ARTICLE – XI
POWER AND DUTIES OF THE OFFICE BEARERS
Following shall by the powers and duties of the Office Bearers:-
The President shall be the head of the Federation. He shall preside over all meetings of the General Council / Executive Committee and of any Committee of which he is a member. He shall interpret the provisions of the Constitution and Rules of the Federation. He shall be authorized to appoint Committees / Sub Committees, define their Terms of Reference and take decisions on their Reports on behalf of the General Council / Executive Committee and issue directions for smooth working of the Federation on day to day basis. In case of quality of votes, he shall have the casting vote. In any emergency, the President shall have the powers to take any action on the suggestions or in consultation with the Honorary Secretary General but such action taken by the President shall be reported to the General Council or the Executive Committee which in the ordinary course would have dealt with the matter
2. Sr. Vice President
In the absence of President, he will exercise all powers of the President. He shall also carry out duties as assigned to him by the President or the Executive Committee.
3. Vice Presidents
In the absence of the President and Sr. Vice President or on their directions, other Vice Presidents shall exercise the powers of the President for a meeting. The Vice Presidents shall carry out other assignments / duties given to them by the President / Executive Committee.
4. Honorary Secretary General
i. Since the Secretary General holds a key responsibility to regulate and run the affairs of the Federation, so he must have atleast the following qualifications :-
a. Be a person having sufficient knowledge and experience of the concerned Sport for atleast 5 years as a Player / Technical Official / Coach / Organizer.
b. Must be academically qualified and possess proficiency and experience of running an office of equivalent level.
c. Must possess communicative skills particularly in English language to interact with National and International level organizations.
d. Must have the qualities and experience of a dynamic sport leader and be capable to get the programmes and tasks accomplished from other administrative and technical groups of persons.
ii. The Honorary Secretary General, in particular, shall perform the following duties:-
a. To act as Secretary of the Federation, the Executive Committee and any other Committee / Sub Committee.
b. To perform all his duties under the control of the President and the Executive Committee.
c. To superintendent and control the work of office.
d. To sign on behalf of the Federation and to conduct its correspondence.
e. To issue Notices and Agendas for all meetings.
f. To include, in the Agenda / Supplementary Agenda for the meetings of the General Council and Executive Committee, any matter duly proposed and seconded by a Member Unit or by any other person eligible to attend the said meetings and delivered to the Secretary General atleast 15 days and 7 days before the dates of the meetings of the General Council and Executive Committee respectively.
g. To record proceedings of all meetings and to obtain signatures of the Chairman thereon and supply copies to all concerned persons / Member Units.
h. To prepare jointly with the Treasurer the Annual Budget of the Federation. To keep a permanent advance of Rs.5000/- to meet expenditures of contingent nature, which may be recouped from time to time.
i. To jointly operate Bank Accounts of the Federation alongwith Treasurer.
5. Honorary Treasurer
i. To maintain with the assistance of the Secretary General accurate and upto-date Accounts of the Federation including Cash Book.
ii. To receive and deposit immediately in the Bank all moneys receive on behalf of the Federation and make payments according to Federation’s decision communicated to him through Honorary Secretary General.
iii. To prepare Statements of Accounts every year and get them audited by the approved Chartered Accountants as per decision of the Federation and lay the Audited Statement of Accounts in the Annual General Council Meeting or the Elective General Council Meeting of the Federation, if the presentation of the said Statement is due.
iv. To maintain a Stock Register.
v. To prepare Annual Budget in consultation with the Secretary General and present the same to the General Council in its meeting, if the presentation of the Budget is due.
vi. To jointly operate the Bank Account alongwith Honorary Secretary General.
6. Dutiey Secretary General:
i) To act as Secretary of the Federation, the Executive Committee and any other SubCommittee.
ii) To perform all his / her duties under the control of the President and the Executive Committee. iii) To superintend and control the work of the Office.
iv) To sign on behalf of the Federation and to conduct its correspondence.
v) To issue Notices and Agenda for all Meetings.
vi) To include in the Agenda of the General Council Meeting and Executive Committee Meeting any matter duly proposed and seconded by the Representatives of the Members and delivered to the Secretary General Fifteen (15) days and Seven (7) days respectively before dates of the Meeting. The proposals received after the prescribed date may be considered with the permission of the Chair.
vii) To maintain correctly and up-to-date the Register of Member Association and their bonafide Representatives.
viii) To record proceedings of all Meetings and to obtain signatures of the Chairman thereon and supply copies to Members.
ix) To prepare under the guidance of the treasurer the Annual Budget of the Federation.
x) To Certify Copies of the Entries in Books.
xi) To keep a permanent Advance Rupees One Hundred Thousand to meet Expenditure of contingent nature which may be recouped from time to time and to maintain a Register showing its expenditure.
xii) To maintain a stock register as well as details of assets and liability with the assistance Treasurer.
xiii) Exercise powers and perform duties as laid down in the various Rules approved by the Executive Committee or General Council from time to time.
6. Honorary Associate Secretary
i. He shall perform all such duties as may be assigned to him by the Executive Committee, President or Honorary Secretary General. However, he can be deputed by the President to perform all duties of Honorary Secretary General or Honorary Joint Secretary in their absence.
ARTICLE – XII
1. The Executive Committee shall consist of :-
i. All office Bearers viz President, Sr. Vice President, Vice Presidents, Honorary Secretary General, Honorary Joint Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Deputy Secretary General and Honorary Associate Secretary.
ii. Four – Eight (4 – 8) Members duly elected from amongst the representatives of affiliated Member Units.
iii. Lady Members whose strength shall be 20% of the total strength of the Executive Committee and they would be elected by the General Council out of the elected Lady Members on the General Council of the Federation.
iv. One Member of Athletes Commission of the Federation elected by the General Council out of the Two elected Members on the General Council.
2. Meetings of the Executive committee shall be held atleast twice every year or as frequently as necessary, and at other times when summoned by, the President or at the written request of atleast 10 Members of the Executive committee.
3. Quorum of the meeting shall be one third of the total strength of the Executive Committee. No proxies shall be allowed at the Executive Committee meetings. Ten (10) days previous notice shall be necessary for a meeting of the Executive Committee.
4. All vacancies in the Executive Committee shall be filled in by the Executive Committee.
5. The Executive Committee may delegate any of its powers to :-
ii. Sr. Vice President
iii. Honorary Secretary General
iv. A Sub-Committee appointed from amongst its Members
6. The Executive Committee shall exercise all powers of the Federation except those vested in the General Council and in particular shall have the powers and duties:-
i. To observe in all transactions the provision of the Constitution of the Federation.
ii. To sanction the expenditures of the Federation.
iii. To raise funds for Federation.
iv. To prepare Coaching Schemes, organize Courses for Referees and Coaches and encourage holding of Tournaments and Competitions, with a view to popularizing and improving the standard of the sport.
v. To take decision about holding of National Championships, Senior, Junior and Women (if applicable).
vi. To summon General Council Meetings, when deemed necessary.
vii. To engage experts for conducting Coaches Courses and to engage Coaches, for training of teams / players, from within or out of country and establish Coaching and Training Camps.
viii. To appoint Selection Committee consisting of not more than five members including Chairman and the Coach appointed by the Executive Committee. The members of the Selection Committee shall be technically qualified experts or Retired International Players of established repute and integrity.
ix. To appoint officials of the teams such as Managers, Assistant Managers, Coaches or other persons officials necessary to be included for the good performance of Players / Athletes.
x. To nominate representatives of the Federation to attend meetings of POA or any other such meetings where representative of the Federation is necessary.
xi. To frame Rules and Bye-Laws for conducting business of the Federation.
xii. To take suitable action against Sportspersons, Officials, Organizers or any other person connected with the activities of the Federation for misconduct.
xiii. To appoint Referees Board and Board of Coaches the functions of which shall be defined and controlled by the Executive Committee.
xiv. To do all such other things as may be incidental or conducive for the attainment of Aims and Objects of the Federations.
ARTICLE – XIII
1. The Elective General Council Meeting of the Federation shall be convened once after every four years, in which besides other matters, the elections shall be held, on which a Representative of Pakistan Olympic Association and a Representative of shall be invited by the Federation to ensure transparency of the elections. The Annual General Council Meeting of the Federation shall be held atleast once in a year. The date and place of the meeting shall be determined by the Honorary Secretary General in consultation with the President or in his absence with the Senior Vice President, unless previously decided by the General Council or Executive Committee.
A special General Council meeting may also be held to transact specific business as and when summoned by the :-
ii. Executive Committee
iii. At the written request of not less than 33% of the total strength of the persons eligible to attend the General Council Meeting. The said request for the meeting must be accompanied with the statement of business proposed to be conducted in the requisitioned meeting.
2. The Honorary Secretary General shall give 21 days notice to all Member Units and the concerned persons eligible to attend the Elective General Council meeting and Annual General Council Meeting. 10 days Notice shall be given by Honorary Secretary General in case of Special General Council Meeting. He shall circulate with the Notice a copy of Agenda, Annual Audited Statement of Accounts and Budget Estimates if due.
3. Decision in the Meetings of General Council and those of the Executive Committee shall be taken by the majority of Votes except in case of Amendments to the Constitution.
ARTICLE – XIV
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION & ACCOUNTABILITY
1. The Federation, in its Elective General Council Meeting or a Special General Council Meeting to be convened for the purpose within One month after the elections, shall comprehensively discuss and approve a 4 Year Programme of its future activities, within the available budgets as well as with the resources to be generated by the Federation, by fixing yearly targets for improving standards of its sport in measurable terms. The Yearly Reports of activities with details of funds spent, shall be evaluated with particular reference to the Yearly Targets in the subsequent Annual General Council Meetings, which besides the representatives of the Federation, shall also be attended by the Representatives of Pakistan Olympic Association and Pakistan Sports Board, who must be invited by the Federation well ahead of the meetings. In case of unsatisfactory performance of the office bearers, the case shall be referred by the General Council to a Committee comprising of Three members from POA and Two members from the Federation. The Committee shall forward its recommendations to the General Council of the Federation. In Case the General Council fails to take action as per the recommendations, the case shall be referred to Performance Evaluation & Accountability Committee of POA to evaluate and putting up recommendation to POA President / General Council for final decision.
ARTICLE – XV
Amendments to the Constitution of the Federation shall be made at the General Council meeting of the Federation. The proposed amendments must be circulated by the Honorary Secretary General atleast 10 days before the meeting. The amendment shall be adopted only if two third of the Members present vote in favour and such votes are more than 50% of the total strength of the General Council.
ARTICLE – XVI
REGISTRATION OF PLAYERS / ATHLETES
1. Every player / athlete shall be registered with one of the Member Units of the Federation within whose jurisdiction he resides or works, in accordance with the Rules for Registration approved by the Member concerned, however these Rules shall be in line with the Rules of the Federation. No player shall be registered with or be eligible to play simultaneously for two Member Units.
All Member Units of the Federation shall provide the lists of their registered players / athletes to the Federation in the month of September every year on the pattern as prescribed by the Federation.
2. A player / athlete, registered with one Association / Other Association can get his registration transferred to another Association, if his place of work / residence is shifted from the jurisdiction one Association to the Jurisdiction of another Association or his transfer application is approved by the Member Unit concerned.
3. A player / athlete of the Association / Other Association shall be considered resident of the place where he resides or works.
4. A player / athlete whose place of work or residence is changed to the jurisdiction of another Association / Other Association, he / she shall after expiry of two months automatically cease to be registered with the Member Unit whose jurisdiction he has left.
5. A normal transfer period shall be effected in the moth of July and August every year. The Executive Committee of the Federation shall be the final authority to decide any disputed case of registration.
6. A player / athlete registered with Provincial Association or any Other Association is eligible to join any of the Services Organizations by seeking employment on the basis of which he / she shall become a registered player of that Organization after completion of three moths of service therein. The players / athletes of Services Organizations shall be bonafide employees of those Organizations.
7. The Services Organizations shall provide the lists of their registered players / athletes to the Federation every year in the month of September, every year.
8. A player / athlete of a Service Organization after having been relieved from service shall be eligible to join any other Service Organization by seeking employment provided he / she has left the service under the Service Rules of the previous Service Organization. Players / Athletes of Services Organizations shall be bonafide employees of those Organizations.
ARTICLE – XVII
1. All disputes arising out of the working / functioning and performance of Federation and or any of its affiliated Member Units within itself or amongst each other shall be resolved through Arbitration. No affiliated Member Unit of the Federation nor any person associated in any manner with the Federation shall take the dispute of any nature relatable in any manner with the Member Unit or the Federation to any Court of Law, but to the arbitration as provided in the Constitution of the Federation.
2. The disputes in subordinate Units of the Federation from the lowest level to the level of the Federation shall be referred to the President of the next higher level Organization who shall resolve the dispute through arbitration. Thus disputes at Tehsil level shall be referred to the President of the respective District Association and similarly disputes at District level to the President of Provincial Association and so on and so forth to the Federation level. The disputes in the Federation shall be referred to the President POA for their resolution in the manner described above. The Executive Committee of POA shall be a Court of Appeal for resolution of disputes in the Federation affiliated with POA and its decision will be binding on all concerned.
3. Any decision made by the Executive Committee of POA may be submitted exclusively by way of Appeal to the IOC Court of Arbitration for Sports in Lausanne, Switzerland who will resolve dispute in accordance with the Code of Sports – Related Arbitration. The time limit for Appeal is 21 days after receipt of the decision of the Executive Committee of POA on which Appeal is to be made.
ARTICLE – XVIII
1. All funds of the Federation shall be deposited in the Bank selected by the Executive Committee in the name of the Federation. The Honorary Treasurer and Honorary Secretary General shall jointly operate Bank Accounts of the Federation. In case any one of them is not available then Honorary Joint Secretary / Honorary Associate Secretary authorized by the President shall sign in place of the absentee.
2. In case of urgent matters when holding of the General Council or Executive Committee Meeting is not possible, Secretary General in consultation with the President may obtain a decision from the concerned Members or Persons by Post, Fax or Email and act according to the majority votes provided the votes so obtained are preserved in the record of the Federation and the matter is laid in the next meeting of General Council or Executive Committee, as the case may be, for approval.
3. The Constitution of the Federation shall, at all times, be in line with the Constitution of POA.